A selection of quotes, ideas and jokes for parents :)
Magical Mystery Tours – My dad would take us the car and once we were out of Cape Town, we’d each take turns telling dad when to take a left or right. We may have been blindfolded but probably not necessary. He would take the turns we suggested (within reason and with some knowledge of where he was going I guess but we didn’t know that!) and after a few hours, we’d stop somewhere magical and set up camp, next to a river or base of a mountain… I remember this being one of the most exciting things ever!
Never fall into the trap of tip-toeing and shushing visitors around a sleeping baby. It will only make it harder for you to put them to bed and host a dinner party at the same time.
Face your children forward in prams – this way they learn spatial awareness
After school activity: everyday when your children get home from school, sit down and ask your child to pick an interaction of the day to talk about. Ask “how did that person make you feel”. Choose another interaction. Ask “how did you make that person feel.”
Ways to Ask Your Kids ‘So How Was School Today?’ Without Asking ‘So How Was School Today?’
- What was the best thing that happened at school today?
- Tell me something that made you laugh today.
- Tell me a weird word that you heard today.
- How did you help somebody today?
- How did somebody help you today?
- Tell me one thing that you learned today.
- When were you the happiest today?
- When were you bored today?
- If an alien spaceship came to your class and beamed someone up, who would you want them to take?
- Who would you like to play with at recess that you’ve never played with before?
- Tell me something good that happened today.
- What do you think you should do/learn more of at school?
- What do you think you should do/learn less of at school?
- Who in your class do you think you could be nicer to?
- Where do you play the most at break?
- Who is the funniest person in your class? Why is he/she so funny?
- What was your favorite part of lunch?
- If you got to be the teacher tomorrow, what would you do?
- If you could switch seats with anyone in the class, who would you trade with? Why?
- If your teacher was a cartoon character who would they be? Why?