How to affirmations help?
The word affirmation comes from the Latin affirmare, originally meaning “to make steady, strengthen.”
I love this as that really is what affirmations can do for you; they steady you and give you strength.
If you often have negative thoughts, then you know they tend to spiral out of control when left unchecked. Using affirmations helps to break negative thought patterns. When you get into the habit of reciting them every morning and reading them throughout the day it has a way of bringing your mind back to the present moment and aligning your spirit to a positive goal, somehow giving you strength to live out the affirmation.
“Affirmations are not wishful thinking. They use the power of Neuroplasticity. Affirmations change thoughts of doubt and fear to thoughts of confidence and taking action.”
Take note of the negative thoughts or beliefs you have and choose or create an affirmation that is the opposite of that thought and belief.
I think the best time for affirmations is in the morning, when the day is still full of potential. If you think about it, your whole life is based around your attitude. Your attitude paves the way for how your day goes, and it is important to start the day in the right mood. I use the trigger of my morning coffee for my affirmations, so it is among the first few things I do every morning. There are 2 or 3 that are my daily favourites. I rotate between the others and add them in depending on how I am feeling or what is happening in my life at the time. Sometimes I write them down in my diary so that I read them several times throughout the day. This helps put me back on the right path if I veer off due to a difficult situation or negative thought pattern. Others have suggested creating a collage for your phone and computer home screen or buying cute post-its and sticking them up in your work area. Whatever works for you!
“If you believe the phrase “you are what we think”, then life truly stems from your thoughts. But we cannot rely purely on thoughts; we must translate thoughts into words and eventually into actions in order to manifest our intentions.”– Dr. Carmen Harre
Use affirmations every morning to spark off a positive mindset for the day.
Powerful daily affirmations
- I radiate love and happiness
- My life gets better and better every day in every way
- My happy energy makes other’s happy
- I am inspired, motivated and energised
- I notice what is right in every situation
- I choose hope over fear
- I am enough
- The universe blesses me in surprising and joyful ways
- My life is filled with joyful moments
- I can do this
- I am funny, creative and joyful
- I am positive and grateful
- I am at peace with all that has happened, is happening, and will happen
- I am happy, healthy and centered
Powerful affirmations to include with your daily mantras
- I believe in myself and put my full trust in my inner guidance
- I am happier and feel more at peace every day
- I am in divine flow
- I face difficult situations with grace and courage
- I love and accept myself for who I am
- My body is healthy, my mind is brilliant, my soul is tranquil
- I am in charge of how I feel and today I choose happiness
- I am radiant, beautiful and strong
- I enjoy a healthy and passionate life
- I consciously release the past and live in the present
- I am kind, generous and loving
- I make a difference by showing up everyday and doing my best
- My daily habits help me live a happy, healthy, successful life
- Challenges are opportunities to grow and improve
- I feel passionately about my life and this passion fills me with excitement, motivation and energy
- I am brimming with energy and overflowing with joy
- My subconscious mind is my partner in success
- My thoughts are kind
- I am grateful for my journey and it’s lessons
- I am calm and mindful
- I acknowledge my super powers and use them to assist others
- Everyday I feel more connected to my spirit
- Positive energy surrounds me
- The universe sends me guidance when I need uplifting
- I forgive those who have harmed me in my past and peacefully detach from them
- I feel a connection to nature and it lifts my soul
- I will search for the good that comes, even in bad situations
- I am a loving, patient and playful mother
- I wink at a challenge
- I am who I want to be
- I speak with confidence and self assurance
- My ability to conquer my challenges is limitless
- Today I abandon my old habits and take up new, more positive ones
- Help me to heal myself so I can be a channel for your light
- I am the architect of my life; I build its foundation and choose its contents.
- I am calm, patient and in control of my emotions
- I radiate beauty, charm, and grace
- I wake up today with strength in my heart and clarity in my mind
- My life is an exciting adventure
- A river of compassion washes away my anger and replaces it with love.
I believe we influence the world with every breath, thought, word and action. Improve your energy by starting your day with affirmations.